- September 2003 - Ernie Belyea has recently joined SBG Capital Group Inc. as Executive Vice President & General Counsel. SBG is involved in restructurings, liquidations and asset based lending in distressed situations as well as providing management consulting, inventory valuation/liquidation and retail acquisitions, auctions and dispositions. Mr. Belyea is a seasoned business adviser and past partner of one of Canada's premier business law firms. He has 18 years of experience in planning, structuring, negotiating and completing complex corporate strategies involving acquisitions, divestitures, strategic partnerships, joint ventures, reorganizations and financings (public, private and structured).
- August 2003 - Charles Conn has taken on the position of Director of Sponsorships and Donations with Royal Opera Canada. ROC is a not-for-profit Ontario corporation whose mission is to present well-loved operas from the "Top 10 Most-Performed Operas" using traditional sets, costumes, and staging while featuring national and international artists. Royal Opera Canada is the only opera company in Canada with this particular focus on the traditional. Mr. Conn has extensive experience in numerous industries having spent 15 years with two major advertising agencies in Toronto and New York as well as having overseen a number of large-scale projects as a Director of Marketing.
- August 2003 - Larry S. Rudner, C.A. has been appointed Chief Financial Officer of Symtech Canada Ltd., an IT infrastructure company providing a wide range of networking, structured cabling, integration and data centre solutions to Canada's top companies. Mr. Rudner has been providing financial consulting and interim executive services to both private and publicly traded companies in numerous industries for over 10 years, prior to which he was president and co-owner of a steel processing company.
- June 2003 - John Jarman has joined Turf Care Products Canada Ltd. as their Chief Financial Officer. Founded in 1975, Turfcare provides sales and service of Toro, E-Z-Go, Yamaha, Otterbine, Flowtronex, and others manufacturers to the golf course community in Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic Canada. Previous to this, Mr. Jarman had been Chief Financial Officer of Med-Emerg International Inc. (Nasdaq: MDER)
- June 2003 - Bill Danis has been appointed Chief Financial Officer of Med-Emerg International Inc. (Nasdaq: MDER), specialists in the coordination and delivery of emergency and primary health care related services in Canada. Prior to joining Med-Emerg, Mr. Danis was a founding partner of Greybrook Corporation, a Toronto-based private equity investment company. Previously he was Vice President, Investments at Working Ventures Canadian Fund and has was instrumental in the successful turnaround of a $20 million subsidiary of a Canadian public company. Mr. Danis has held board positions with both public and private companies and has experience in public offerings with companies traded on both NASDAQ and TSX.
- May 2003 - Dawson Lane has joined T4G Limited and will be leading the creation of their new Microsoft Customer Relationship Management initiative. T4G provide fully integrated solutions in b2b and b2c situations that span strategic planning, infrastructure deployment, application development, interface design & communications and multi-channel information delivery in the KM and BI arenas. Previously, Mr. Lane was President of Navision Software Canada, a leading provider of enterprise business solutions for mid-sized companies and before that, he was the founder and President of Q-Inter Applications Inc. He is past-President and current board member of the Association of Microsoft Certified Partners.
- May 2003 - Jim Blumsom has been appointed Executive Vice President of Symtech Canada Ltd., an IT infrastructure company providing a wide range of networking, structured cabling, integration and data centre solutions to Canada's top companies. Prior to joining Symtech, Mr. Blumsom was President, CEO and Founder of a Northern Ontario based telecom company as well as having held senior positions in both the technology and commercial construction sectors.
- January 2003 - Florian Meyer has been appointed Chief Financial Officer of Delfour Corporation, a world leader in the development and delivery of information technology systems for the warehouse logistics industry since 1988. Mr. Meyer possesses a proven track record in management, finance, controllership and treasury functions and excels in identification of opportunities and solutions development. He has held senior level positions at TomaNet Inc., MedcomSoft Inc., Nabisco Brands Ltd., RJR-MacDonald Inc., Royal Bank of Canada and Price Waterhouse Coopers, amongst others.
- January 2003 - Patrick Michaud has joined Headline Media Group (TSX: HMG) as Chief Financial Officer. Headline Media is a traditional and new media company whose primary assets are two specialty television service properties, The Score and PrideVision, each of which is focused on a distinct market segment. Prior to joining Headline Media Group, Mr. Michaud was the Senior Vice President and CFO of GlycoDesign Inc., a publicly traded clinical stage biopharmaceutical. Mr. Michaud has also spent many years as an independent financial consultant, providing consulting services to various companies, assisting them in their strategic planning, financial/management systems, developing business plans, and raising capital.